Coconut Cardamom Stuffed Dates - (recipe for 20 dates)
- Medjool Dates (10)
- Coconut Butter (sometimes it's called "coconut manna" NOT coconut OIL... You can find it at your natural foods store) (1/2 cup)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (1 cup)
- Ghee (1 tablespoon)
- Lime (1)
- Cardamom Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (a pinch)
- On low heat- Warm up 1/2 cup of coconut butter with1 tablespoon of ghee. Only warm until soft. Just needs to warm up enough to melt… then let it cool to room temp in a separate bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice into a separate bowl and strain pulp/seeds if there are any.
- Add the cardamom, cinammon, salt, and lime
- Dry toast about a half cup of unsweetened coconut shreds on medium heat until golden brown (this happens fast, so keep a close eye!) Then remove from heat and put in a separate bowl so they don't continue to cook.
- Open dates and remove pits- split in half with your fingers and make little boats.
- Slowly add the coconut shreds to the coconut butter mixture until you have reached desired firm “stuffable” consistency.
- Stuff the mixture into the date boats and sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon if desired.
- Pop um in the fridge for a few minutes to harden
- Eat and share! Great item to bring to a potluck!